Béchamel. Preparation Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. This is Delia's classic way of making a white (béchamel) sauce, using a mixture of butter and flour called a roux. You can make a bechamel sauce ahead of time.
It's a versatile sauce that forms the base for most creamy sauces, gratins. This béchamel sauce recipe is a French classic – perfect as the basis for other sauces such as cheese & parsley. This thick sauce is full of flavour. You can have Béchamel using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Béchamel
- It’s 3 of grosses cuillère de margarine.
- It’s 5 of grosses cuillères de farine.
- It’s 1 L of lait.
- You need of Sel et poivre.
- You need of Muscade.
The authentic Béchamel sauce made easy! Follow Chef Philippe's illustrated recipe with step-by-step instructions. Béchamel sauce, also known as white sauce, is a classic French all-purpose sauce made from butter, flour, and milk. This easy béchamel recipe will have you making an amazing sauce in no time!
- Faire fondre la margarine.
- Une fois la margarine fondue, ajouter la farine et bien mélanger..
- Ajouter le lait et mélanger au batteur à feu doux..
- Ajouter une pincé de sel et de poivre. Puis ajouter de la muscade. Mélanger et la béchamel est prête.
Béchamel sauce is a classic French sauce. It's called one of the Mother Sauces because it's so basic and because it's a starting place for so many things. Well I was making a Greek cheese pie and I needed bechamel sauce for it, so I thought I'd post my recipe here, just in case anyone wants to know how to. Learn how to make the perfect Béchamel sauce from scratch with this easy-to-follow recipe. The ideal addition to your moussaka, lasagne or cauliflower cheese.